- As Electron Microscopy tools have advanced in capabilities, so to has the world of nanotechnology and new materials development. Practically no field of science has not seen advancements in knowledge as a result of nano-material developments. Nano-materials play important new roles in improving or altering a materials mechanical, electrical, thermal, optical, and magnetic properties.
Scanning Electron Microscopes are used for many types of work in Material Science research, development and quality control.
- Use of carbon nanotubes for material property alteration
- Graphene implementation in a variety of products
- Polymer science use of carbon nanotubes
- Nano-particle implementation in coatings and paints
The SNE-4500M Plus with its 5nm resolution and 150,000X magnification is a great tool for basic analytical imaging of materials utilizing nanoscience technology.