All of the microelectronic devices we enjoy and depend on today would not be possible were it not for electron microscopy systems such as SEM, FIB, e-Beam Lithography, TEM and more. The research and development of micro-electronics devices is highly dependent on all type of electron beam tools for inspection, fabrication, and testing of all types of devices.
Scanning Electron Microscopes are found in many types of Micro-Electronic research, development and quality control.
- Inspection of Vias or inter-connects in printed circuit boards
- Inspection of Chip and Wire Bonding
- Failure Analysis of all type of microelectronic devices
- Development of LED lighting Technology
- Cleanliness Testing for ISO 16431/18413 and IEST 1246D
- Quality Control in Hard Drive memory devices
- Battery development and failure analysis
The SNE-4500M Plus with its automated 5-axis stage is a great tool for basic failure analysis and inspection of microelectronic devices.